“Dare 2 Be Great” Scholarship Program
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications: Applications must be received by midnight on March 15th. Please scan all requested information into one e-mail and send it to email@example.com
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., letters of recommendation, essay, transcript, etc.)
- The Foundation Committee will reserve the right to interview successful applicants prior to final scholarship recipient selection and awards.
- A school Guidance Council is required to sign the application (page 4) to verify information provided herein is accurate. A Guidance Councilor can make comments on behalf of the applicant. Comments shall be provided in a letter-form and submitted along with the application in a sealed envelope.
- Please call 561.208.6468 if you have questions regarding this application.
NOTE: Upon being selected for a scholarship, the applicant will be required to submit their Financial Award Letter as evidence of admission to an accredited post-secondary institution. All funding will be sent directly to the institution and not to the student.
Mission: Dare 2 Be Great’s mission is to identify and assist students who have demonstrated their commitment to succeed through academic preparedness, demonstration of excellent character and good citizenship. Dare 2 Be Great will strive to support these exceptional students throughout their academic careers with an array of services including mentoring, academic and financial assistance. We want to be a positive part of our scholar’s lives so that they can achieve their dreams and improve our world.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a public or private secondary school located in Palm Beach County and is a legal City of Delray Beach resident for a minimum of 3 years.
- The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 grade scale.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
- Applicant must demonstrate positive-impact involvement – in the complete sense – consistent with capacity and circumstances and/or significant improvement/success in scholarship and community involvement.
- Applicant must upon graduation from high school enroll as a full time student into a post-secondary school
Application Submittal Requirements:
Please scan all required documents in one e-mail and send them in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application: Completed application form Section 1 (if handwritten, please print legibly)
- Letters of Recommendation: One (1) letter of recommendation from choice of: high school teacher, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement.
- Personal Essay: The Personal Essay should answer the questions listed in Section 2 of this application.
- Student Resume: Provide a resume that includes such items as: academic honors, awards and membership activities while in high school, community service activities, hobbies, outside interests and extracurricular activities and/or any other information that you feel the Foundation should know about you.
Deadline: Applications must be Emailed No Later than March 15th. All Applications must be emailed to the address below. Applications received after this date will not be considered for the scholarship. Please email application and required accompanying documents to:
Subject Line: Include Full Name and D2BG 2015