“Dare 2 Be Great” Scholarship Program Application 2016
– Scroll to the bottom to Save ProgressNo Fields Found.
“Dare 2 Be Great” Scholarship Program
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications: Applications must be received by midnight on March 15th. Please scan all requested information into one e-mail and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
- Refer to the application process below for a list of the supporting documents required.
- The Foundation Scholarship Committee will reserve the right to interview successful applicants prior to final scholarship selection and awards.
- If the applicant is selected for an interview, an official high school transcript maybe required at that time.
- A school Guidance Counselor is required to sign the application (page 4) to verify information provided herein is accurate. A Guidance Counselor can make comments on behalf of the applicant in a letter form that should be included in the requested information that will be scanned and e-mailed to the Foundation office.
- Please call 561.208.6468 if you have questions regarding this application.
NOTE: Upon being selected for a scholarship, the applicant will be required to submit their Financial Award Letter as evidence of admission to an accredited post-secondary institution. All funding will be sent directly to the institution and not to the student.
Mission: Dare 2 Be Great’s mission is to identify and assist students who have demonstrated their commitment to succeed through academic preparedness, demonstration of excellent character and good citizenship. Dare 2 Be Great will strive to support these exceptional students throughout their academic careers with an array of services including mentoring, academic and financial assistance. We want to be a positive part of our scholar’s lives so that they can achieve their dreams and improve our world.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a public or private secondary school located in Palm Beach County and is a legal City of Delray Beach resident for a minimum of 3 years.
- The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 grade scale.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
- Applicant must demonstrate positive-impact involvement – in the complete sense – consistent with capacity and circumstances and/or significant improvement/success in scholarship and community involvement.
- Applicant must, upon graduation from high school, enroll as a full time student into a post-secondary school
Application Submittal Requirements:
Please scan all required documents in one e-mail and send it to email@example.com
- Application: Completed application form Section 1 (if handwritten, please print legibly)
- Letter of Recommendation: One (1) letter of recommendation from choice of: high school teacher, administrator, counselor, employer, or individual with significant knowledge of applicant’s experience and involvement.
- Personal Essay: The Personal Essay should answer the questions listed in Section 2 of this application.
- Student Resume: Provide a resume that includes such items as: academic honors, awards and membership activities while in high school, community service activities, hobbies, outside interests and extracurricular activities and/or any other information that you feel the Foundation should know about you.
Applications must be scanned and e-mailed to Applications@dare2begreat.org By no later than March 15th by Midnight.